How Does Cryotherapy Work?
Cryotherapy is a fast, effective and safe solution for removing brown spots and skin imperfections. A fine spray of CO2 is administered with a pen-like device under high pressure on the lesion or spot. This application destroys the tissue by freezing the inter-cellular fluid only in the damaged cells with no impact on healthy cells.
What Does Cryotherapy Remove?
- Sun Spots
- Age Spots
- Brown Spots
- Skin Tags
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Cherry Angioma or red moles
Done in Seconds!
Cryotherapy procedures typically last from 5 – 25 seconds. The typical process is simple:
- The treated area freezes and turns white.
- When the white area thaws, a flushing occurs and the area turns red.
- Thawing is associated with a pinching sensation as a weal is formed and only lasts a second.
- The weal typically blisters in 2-24 hours.
- The blister lasts 3 to 5 days before it scabs.
- The scab will fall off within 2 weeks, and should be allowed to fully heal and fall off on its own to keep from scarring.
- The lesion will be completely healed in 2 to 6 weeks.
Results are long lasting. The procedure leaves less scarring than other removal techniques and there is minimal post-procedure care.
What Does Cryotherapy Cost?
Approximate Per Spot – $50 Minimum of $100 per treatment
Prices vary by the number, type and size of the lesions to be treated and can be easily determined during a Skin Care consultation. Cryotherapy is available at a discounted rate when you are part of the Wells ReFresh Club.
What do our clients say?
“I couldn’t believe how easy this was. I had a large age spot beside my eye and another on my breastbone. Both were front and center. I wish I had known about this sooner because it was quick and inexpensive, and I swear I look younger without the spots.” Denise K.
Contact us today to make your appointment at 859.255.6649