The “Great Eight” – Summer Skin Protection Tips
Summer is the time to have your head in the clouds. It is also the time to keep your mind on Sun protection! Here is our ‘Great Eight’ Sun Protection Tips to get the most out of your sunscreen and to keep your skin safe from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Always, always wear sunscreen of SPF 30 or above
- Use a shot glass full of sunscreen – 1.5 oz. – each time you apply head to toe
- It’s best to apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before going outdoors
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, and during intense sun apply every 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Use sunscreen lip balm and reapply often
- Check the expiration date on your sunscreen and discard expired products
- Don’t keep sunscreen in the car – extreme heat breaks down sun protective ingredients
- Don’t rely solely on sunscreen – use a hat, good sunglasses and sun protective clothing
Our sunscreen pick for fun in the sun? Physician recommended Elta-MD has a family of sun protection products, and everyone should use two of these sunscreen tools – 1) a DAILY sunscreen for everyday use and 2) a SPORT sunscreen for times of extreme exposure.
For everyday use – and we mean every day – we like Elta-MD Daily SPF 40 or Elta-MD Clear SPF 46 under your makeup to save your face from harmful rays. Use broad-spectrum Elta-MD Sport SPF 50 for active exposure.
Play it smart by spending a lot of chill time in the shade when you are at the beach or the pool. Be safe and be glad that a deep dark tan has gone out of style!