Effective & Painless Skin Smoothing
Our office offers microdermabrasion treatment as a painless method for reducing the effects of aging, including damage done by long term sun exposure.
Professional anti-aging treatment can:
- reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles
- refine pores
- give your skin a younger and healthier appearance
All of this is done:
- in a non-invasive environment
- as a painless procedure
- leaving no scarring
- no recovery time
- nothing but cleaner, healthier, younger looking skin
What is a Microdermabrasion?
Using microcrystals, the procedure can exfoliate the skin, removing many of the effects aging and sun damage taken on the epidermis. A vacuum is then used to clean up the crystals and the dead skin, taking years off your face and leaving you with healthy, glowing skin. While this is a non-invasive procedure done in day spas and non-medically supervised health clinics on a daily basis, the benefits of doing any dermatological procedure under the supervision and care of a licensed medical facility cannot be overstated. As licensed, educated, and experienced practitioners of a host of medical and non-medical cosmetic procedures, we offer a secure, safe environment for those who wish to obtain the best from their microdermabrasion.
Many confuse microdermabrasion with the more invasive, similar sounding dermabrasion. While both techniques benefit the skin, dermabrasion is done through either sanding the skin or with a laser, both of which can lead to a moderate recovery time, and introduce a certain level of discomfort and pain. Microdermabrasion requires no such recovery time and is used toward the same benefits.
Candidates for Microdermabrasion
The procedure is recommended for anyone in the area of Louisville or Lexington, KY who are looking for a safe, painless, and minimally invasive procedure to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sun damage. The procedure is also beneficial to those suffering from acne, raised scarring, and unsightly dark spots on the skin.
Research has shown that receiving three treatments spaced two weeks apart boosts collagen production in the skin. This result is even better when complied with medical line skin care products from Obagi, BIomedic, or Skinceuticals.
The full microdermabrasion treatment comprises:
- Scalp Massage: A healthy method for stimulating the nervous system and alleviating stress.
- Deep Cleansing: Removes harmful oils and bacteria from the skin in a way daily cleaning cannot.
- Exfoliation through Microdermabrasion: Microcrystals are used to remove the dead outermost surface of the skin, exposing the damage-free, lively skin underneath
- Vitamin C Treatment: This helps to rejuvenate dry skin, stabilize oily, acne-prone skin, and slow down the aging process.
- Grapeseed Calming Masque: Calms and soothes the skin, while adding a dose of purifying and protective antioxidants.
- Extractions: Removal of blackheads, whiteheads, and other impurities in the skin in a way that does not leave scarring.
- Sunscreen: Moisturizes the skin and protects it from the harmful effects of the sun.