OUR PATIENTS SAY THAT LASER HAIR REDUCTION CHANGED THEIR LIVES
Wells Plastic Surgery offers hair reduction using the most potent, effective technology on the market today with the Sciton Intense Pulse Light (IPL) or Sciton 1064.
The Scition Laser is very safe and effective. It can treat any part of the body because it is flexible and safe enough to treat skin-of-color patients as well. Hair reduction is achieved in nearly 80% of individuals treated*.
The best results are seen after multiple treatments because hair goes through different phases of growth. The hair follicle is most effectively treated and removed during it’s hair growth phase. You may need a touch up if new hair begins to grow but this is usually very minor.
Hair Removal Before & After Photos:
What Areas of the Body Are Most often Treated for Laser Hair Reduction?
- Upper Lip
- Abdominal Trail
How Does The Sciton Laser Work?
- Hair shafts and hair follicles contain melanin (pigment).
- The light source of the laser targets the melanin and causes thermal damage to the hair shaft and follicle.
- The hair shaft and follicle shuts down without damaging the skin or tissue.
How Many Treatments Are Necessary?
The number of treatments will vary person to person. However, the average number of treatments is 4 to 6. Your aesthetician will discuss the number of treatments you may require and your treatment plan in your consultation. The number of treatments can not be determined upfront because it depends on how well each patient responds to the laser hair reduction procedure. Typically treatment packages consist of 6 treatments over 6 months for full hair reduction.
What to Expect Post Procedure
- There is no downtime and you can return to work the same day.
- You might have a sensation similar to a mild sunburn, lasting for a few days.
- After the series of treatments, touch up treatments may be needed in a few years.
- Results last indefinitely.
Does Laser Hair Reduction Work On Ingrown Hairs
Yes. You can have laser hair reduction when you have ingrown hairs, as the laser penetrates the hair but doesn’t damage the skin. By destroying the hair-producing follicle with the laser the medical condition known as ‘folliculitis barbae’ (ingrown hairs) can be improved after the first treatment. This will alleviate your ingrown hair problem.
*individual results and experience may vary