BBL Laser Will Help Your Skin Look Younger
BBL is a brand of Intense Pulsed Light technology. It delivers light therapy that targets signs of aging. This treatment is most often referred to as IPL. It restores a more refreshed youthful appearance. This laser technology improves the appearance of photo-aged skin by removing age spots like sun induced freckles. It also removes most benign brown pigments. An IPL addresses redness caused by broken capillaries through a process called photo-rejuvenation. This treatment is for both face and body resulting in a more even skin tone.
What Skin Rejuvenation Does BBL Laser or IPL Do?
- Reduces age/sun spots
- Reduces appearance of freckles
- Lessens redness
- Reduces small vessels like spider veins
- Addresses Rosacea
- Improves skin texture
- Controls active acne
The BBL Laser Treatment
- All areas of the body can be treated.
- BBL treatments are not uncomfortable. Many patients describe it as lightly snapping of a rubber band against your skin. The sensation only lasts as long as the quick pulse of light. In more sensitive areas patients may experience a little more discomfort. You will discuss this during your consultation.
How Does a BBL Laser Treatment Work?
BBL works by emitting pulse light energy. This energy is absorbed by targets in the skin that are either blood or vascular lesions. This light energy damages the capillaries or melanin. The injured tissue is then removed through the body’s natural healing process, resulting in a more even and youthful appearance.
What To Expect After Your BBL Laser Treatment
- There is virtually no downtime. You can apply makeup a couple of hours after a treatment. You may return to work the same day to have a treatment with only mild redness that looks like a sunburn. This is a great procedure for clients with a busy schedule.
- Be aware that your skin will be sensitive to sunlight. Immediately apply sunscreen as directed. It is advised to stay out of the sun for 72 hours following your BBL treatment.
How Many Treatments Are Necessary?
Every patient is different. A customized skin care plan will be developed for you to achieve your desired result. Most patients need a series of 3 to 6 BBL treatments. you will get better results by spacing treatments about 4 weeks apart. Your skin care specialist will recommend regular restorative maintenance treatments for long-term improvement.