What is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast Augmentation, also referred to as Augmentation Mammaplasty, is one of the most frequently performed procedures in our practice, as it is worldwide. A breast augmentation is primarily for patients looking to increase the size of their breasts. Patients also undergo this surgery to improve the appearance of their breasts. Restoring balance in the sizes or shapes of their
Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Breast Augmentation to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.
breasts can be accomplished with an Augmentation Mammaplasty. Dr. Henry Wells is known for surgery of the breast and has extensive experience and knowledge in this area. He is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
We provide patients with high quality results and a proven track record of success. Look at our gallery of before and after photographs to see the improvement Dr. Wells can make in your figure. Choosing to have this outpatient surgery done by Wells Plastic Surgery will feel safe and secure. We can also perform breast augmentation in our in-house surgical suite which will save you hospital fees. Our patients consistently tell us that this procedure has made a significant change in their self-esteem and confidence.
Why Do People Get Breast Augmentation?
The choice to undergo breast augmentation is a personal one, and can be made for a variety of different reasons, all with terrific results.
- Breast Enlargement: This can be simply a desire for larger breasts, which can enhance self-esteem. This can also bring a more pleasing proportion to the body and reduce the need for products like padded bras and shape wear.
- Post Pregnancy Contouring: Some patients wish to improve the contour of their breasts due to the shape and firmness that has been lost following pregnancy & breastfeeding. post-Pregnancy weight loss will also affect breast contour.
- Breast Reshaping: Patients may want to even out the size and shape of their breasts when they are not symmetrical due to a genetic imbalance.
The important thing to know is that when done by an experienced and properly educated, board certified plastic surgery professional the procedure is an effective and very safe method of reaching your cosmetic goals. You may also want to read about Breast Lift surgery which may be recommended with a post-pregnancy augmentation.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation:
- Improvement in Aesthetics: Augmentation Mammaplasty can make drastic improvements to the overall appearance of a woman’s figure and bearing, entirely unrelated to the appearance of the breasts themselves. While all cosmetic judgments are a matter of personal taste and a reflection of what society thinks is ‘beautiful’, some women simply feel that with smaller breasts, their bodies are disproportionate and lack contour. Breast implants can provide a solution.*
- Increased Self-Esteem: Many women have considered breast implants for more than half of their lives as a result of low self esteem or feeling insecure around other women or men. Breast augmentation can change all of this and give that feeling of confidence and an ability to tackle new and exciting challenges.*
- More Clothing Options: Breast augmentation can reduce the feeling that it is necessary to only buy clothing that you can hide behind. You will look better in your clothes and a wider variety of flattering clothing options will open up to you. Swimwear, instead of being a dreaded topic, becomes something to look forward to.*
The Procedure and Options
Breast augmentations, as performed by Dr. Wells:
Surgery: Breast augmentations are outpatient procedures – performed in a hospital setting – that typically take about an hour and a half, under general anesthetic.
Implants and Incisions: Wells uses both saline and gel implants, which are usually placed under the chest muscles using an areolar incision at the bottom of the areola (which leaves less visible scarring).
It may be infra-mammary incision which is in the fold under the breast. This is the most requested incision by our patients. By far more women choose gel implants which are very safe and typically the best option.
- Size Matters: The majority of patients prefer a full or large C cup when getting a breast augmentation. However cup size is trending smaller due to more active and athletic lifestyles. We are seeing more women choosing a full B cup instead.
- Follow-up: Most of our patients are seen for a follow-up the next day, with another follow-up the following week. Additional follow-ups are scheduled at 3 and 6 months.
- Resuming Activity: Most patients can return to work in about a week. They can begin participating in sports and intense exercise in about four weeks.
Breast Augmentation Surgery Specials
Take advantage of our $650 of complimentary Botox with any gel or saline breast augmentation to improve wrinkles and fine lines. A friend new to Botox will also get $650 of complimentary Buddy Botox, compliments of Allergan and Wells Plastic Surgery.
*individual results and experience may vary