Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Facelifts to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.click here
Facial rejuvenation is more than just a facelift – it’s where your journey begins. When many people hear the term facelift, they envision walking into a surgeon’s office and walking out looking younger. Unfortunately, this is not how it works. A facelift involves many different aspects of a person’s appearance. In fact, making a person’s face appear younger is more of a process than a simple surgery, but it begins with the facelift.
Fortunately nature doesn’t always have the last word on a person’s appearance. Advances in cosmetic surgery can return a person’s look of youthfulness. One of the most important aspects of having a facelift is that it gives patients the confidence they had when they were younger. Appearance is the first impression we give to others. When a person look older and more tired than they really are that is what others will see.
In addition to a facelift, there are other procedures that may need to be considered to go hand in hand with a facelift – depending on each particular case to achieve optimum results. Plus, there are great non-surgical treatment options that can enhance your facelift results, bringing back a more youthful appearance.
- Brow Lift
- Eye Lift
- Neck Lift
- Botox and Dermal fillers
- Chemical peels and Laser treatments
- Medical line home skin care products
These options can greatly enhance the quality of the skin by erasing wrinkles and fine lines, decreasing hyperpigmentation, adding lost volume and much more.
The Facelift Procedure
- The Consultation: During a consultation with Dr. Wells – a board certified plastic surgeon – he will help you determine your appearance goals and the best steps to reach that goal. He typically spends a full hour on a consult to ensure that all your questions are answered.
- The Surgery: If several procedures are opted for, the procedure typically begins with the facelift, and depending on the extent of the work being performed, may require four to eight hours.
- Overnight Stay: An overnight hospital stay is recommended for patient comfort as well as making post-operative care easier for the patient and their families.
- Post Operative Care: Our staff will keep the patient informed on each step of the recovery period, including monitoring post-operative swelling, helping with shampoos and cleaning. They will remove visible sutures on the third day following the operation. In addition, the team will use ultrasound therapy to help the healing process.
- Resuming Activities: Makeup can be applied after seven days. The Wells Skin Care team will step in and help with camouflage makeup to use during recovery. Expect to resume normal activities within two to three weeks.
Why Undergo a Facelift
- Age: Age plays the greatest role in appearance and the need to have a facelift, but genetics and skin type play their own part.
- Sagging Jowls: With the loss of collagen over time sagging of the face results.
- Sallow Cheeks: With age, we lose volume in the cheeks and the skin appears to sag.
- Over-exposure to the sun: This can dry out the skin causing it to become wrinkled and lose its elasticity, increasing the appearance of aging.
Facelift Before & After Photos
Click to see Lexington plastic surgeon Dr. Wells before and after photos for facelift surgery.
*individual results and experience may vary
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed
"I had my brows done back in December, Bailey Rae Hancock is awesome. I have had tons of compliments, wish I had done it sooner!"—Susan
"I'll start by saying I'm a 39 year old male and slowly over time I have lost a lot of volume in my face. I'm very happy with the results and Rachel is top notch. Very kind and personable and has treated me with honesty and care. Also very recently I have had flare ups of cystic acne and have been seeing Lisa Combs for that. The first time I saw her I had a chemical peel and a couple weeks ago I had an IPL Acne treatment. My face has not been this clear in a long time. "—Nathan B.
"Dr. Wells was wonderful doing my breast reduction/lift surgery. I am so pleased with my results and wish I would have done it sooner! His staff are all so sweet and welcoming. He has great bedside manner as well. "—Another happy Wells patient