What is Botox?
Botox is a prescription neuromodulator medicine that is injected into muscles to keep these muscles from contracting.
Now Botox and Dysport are being used by younger patients who do not yet have wrinkling or fine lines in order to keep them from forming in the first place. This preventative treatment is proving very effective to put off the formation of the fine lines that lead to wrinkles and furrows.
If you are just beginning to think about facial rejuvenation Botox (or Dysport) is the perfect place to start. You will begin to see results after the first few days. Botox is safe and quick without any real downtime. You can even have it on your lunch break and be back to work without anyone knowing.
What is Botox Used for?
Botox is used to improve the look of moderate to severe facial wrinkles or small creases like:
- Crows Feet Lines: The outside corners of the eyes
- Frown Lines or 11’s: Vertical lines between the eyebrows, also known as glabellar lines
- Brow Furrows: Horizontal wrinkles on the forehead
- Neck Bands: Vertical pronounced bands in the neck
- Chemical Brow Lift
- Lip Flip
- Gummy Smile
- Bunny Lines
- Platysmal Bands
Actual Wells Patient WELLS SKIN CARE BROTOX
How Does Botox Cosmetic Work?
Botox is used to lift and shape the brow and to soften or reduce lines in areas such as the forehead, around the eyes, above the lip, or in the jawline. A Botox procedure :
- Relaxes muscles in the face and neck by blocking nerve transmission at the site of injection.
- By relaxing these muscles they are not able to contract and wrinkle.
- This has a visible smoothing effect on the skin which provides a more refreshed and youthful appearance.
Actual Wells Patient
Did you know…you can have a
Chemical Brow Lift with Botox?
- TA great place to start with Botox is to treat your “11’s’”, which are the two vertical lines between your eyebrows. This will give you a refreshed and less concerned look.
- You will see full results in 7-10 days
- Immediately after your Botox treatment you may have redness from the injection site.
- There usually is no noticeable evidence that you have had a Botox treatment within a few hours.
- A very small percentage of patients get minor bruising.
- Botox results usually last three to four months.
Botox is used for a Chemical Brow Lift which is an inexpensive temporary pre-brow lift option that costs from $63 to $147. This depends on the patient and the severity of their lines and wrinkles. This is appropriate if you are not ready for a surgical brow lift but are beginning to see signs of aging in your upper brow area.
What to Expect with Botox Injections:
Botox will only be injected into specific muscles around your treatment area. By selecting only the areas where you need correction our nurse injectors will ensure you have a natural looking result.
- Our advanced injectors know exactly how to not over inject so you won’t have a ‘frozen’ appearance.
- Botox injections take about 10 to 15 minutes per treatment area and are done in our office.
Actual Wells Patient
Did you know…you can achieve Neck Band Reduction with Botox?
Alternative Uses for Botox:
Susan Wells RN, MS, CANS is trained and experienced in advanced aesthetic injecting techniques. She is also experienced in Botox treatment of the masetters or the muscles in the jaw area, which is perfect for treating TMJ.
- Botox will relax this muscle and keep them from involuntarily clenching while you are sleeping.
- This simple treatment will help you sleep and even reduce headaches caused by TMJ tension.
- A side effect of this treatment is that the jawline will appear less boxy once it is relaxed.
Botox: A Fantastic Aesthetic Value
In terms of aesthetic services and cosmetic improvements, Botox Cosmetic is one of the lowest priced treatments available. For its relatively low cost it has the potential to significantly improve your appearance.
The price of your treatment will be determined by your injector during your skin care consultation. This depends on the area you want treated and the severity of your wrinkles. Our Botox prices are competitively priced at $13 a unit. Watch our Social Media for special Botox promotions.
Is Botox Safe?
Botox® Cosmetic is proven to be safe and effective. Botox Cosmetic is a significantly lower dose than medical Botox and has an extremely well documented safety record, being well tolerated by most everyone. Even when used in extremely high doses for medical purposes, the safety profile of Botox is very good.