Improve Your Profile with a Rhinoplasty
A Rhinoplasty can be done to change the size, shape or proportions of the nose. It is most often done to remove a hump, repair deformities from injury, correct a birth defect or improve breathing difficulty.
Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Rhinoplasty to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedures performed in the cosmetic surgery world. It is also one of the few procedures recommended for teenagers. A rhinoplasty can change a person's life if their nose is causing them embarrassment or emotional trauma. Creating proper proportion to the nose can give our patients the confidence they deserve.
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
- The Surgery: Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure and takes between two to three hours.
- Incisions: The incisions for a rhinoplasty are typically made inside the rim of the patient’s nostrils to ensure scarring will be minimal.
- Reshaping: The soft tissues of the nose are then separated, which is when the cartilage and bone can be reshaped to a more proportioned and flattering look.
- Size Reduction: If the patient wants to reduce the size of their nose, small fractures are made in the nasal bones near the end of the surgery.
- Recovery: Internal dressings are removed in two days, the sutures are removed in five days, and a splint is removed in ten days.
- Resuming Activities: If the patient does not mind the splint, he or she can return to work or school in one week.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- Contouring the Nose: Rhinoplasty can bring the nose into proportion with the rest of the patient’s face. Beauty experts say that the nose is responsible for eighty percent of a person’s facial appearance, so its importance cannot be overstated.
- Correct a Deviated or Crooked Nose: A rhinoplasty can straighten a deviated or crooked nose. It can make long noses shorter and wide noses thinner.
- Improved breathing: Within the procedure, it is possible to remove irregularities in the nasal passage that may obstruct breathing. It is also possible to widen nostrils, creating better pathways for air to flow.
With Rhinoplasty, A Little Goes a Long Way
Keep in mind that minute changes to the structure of an individual’s nose can make a drastic difference in how it appears. An added benefit is that this can also make a surprising difference in the overall facial appearance. Be sure to ask plenty of questions when you come in for your consultation with Dr. Wells. We want to make sure all of your questions are answered and to determine if a Rhinoplasty is the best option for you.