Improve Your Profile with a Rhinoplasty
A Rhinoplasty is most often performed to remove a hump or a bump on the bridge of the nose or to reshape the tip of a patient’s nose. In some cases the nose will also be made smaller.
Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Rhinoplasty to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.
Commonly know as a nose job, this is one of the most common procedures performed in the plastic surgery world. It is also one of the few procedures we can recommend for teenagers. A rhinoplasty can literally change a young persons’ life if their nose is causing them embarrassment or emotional trauma. Consider nose surgery for your child if they are getting bullied at school. Giving the proper proportion to the nose can give a young person the confidence to meet people and make decisions that can shape their path.
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
- The Surgery: Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure and takes between two to three hours.
- Incisions: The incisions for a rhinoplasty are typically made inside the rim of the patient’s nostrils so scarring will be minimal.
- Reshaping: The soft tissues of the nose are then separated, which is when the cartilage and bone can be reshaped depending on what the patient’s problem is, and as the best course of action determined by the patient and Dr. Wells.
- Size Reduction: If the patient wants to reduce the size of their nose, small fractures are made in the nasal bones near the end of the surgery.
- Recovery: Internal dressings are removed in two days, the sutures are removed in five days, and a splint is removed in ten days.
- Resuming Activities: If the patient does not mind the splint, he or she can return to work or school in one week.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- Contouring the Nose: This surgery can bring the nose into proportion with the rest of the patient’s face. Beauty experts say that the nose is responsible for eighty percent of a person’s facial appearance, so its importance cannot be overstated. Rhinoplasty can dramatically alter your appearance and make you realize your facial beauty.
- Correct a Deviated or Crooked Nose: A rhinoplasty can straighten a deviated nose or one that is crooked, can make long noses shorter and wide noses thinner. These also provide a dramatic change in the patient’s face, and correct embarrassing problems.
- Improved breathing: Within the procedure, it is possible to remove irregularities in the nasal passage that may obstruct breathing. It is also possible to widen nostrils, creating better pathways for air to flow.
With Rhinoplasty, A Little Goes a Long Way
Keep in mind that minute changes to the structure of an individual’s nose can make a drastic difference in how it appears. An added benefit is that this can also make a surprising difference in the patient’s overall facial appearance. Make sure that you ask plenty of questions when you come in for your consultation with Dr. Wells, and read as much as you can about the procedure beforehand.