EFFECTIVE SKIN SMOOTHING – Moving from Microdermabrasion to HydraFacial MD
Our office has offered microdermabrasion treatments as a painless method for reducing the effects of aging. We now recommend that our Microdermabrasion patients move to our highly effective HydraFacial MD system This is effective for decreasing damage done by long-term sun exposure. It cleanses dead skin, removing years from your face and leaving you with healthy and glowing skin.
The benefits of doing any dermatological procedure under the care of of a licensed medical facility cannot be overstated. Wells Skin Care only has licensed, educated and experienced practitioners of a host of medical and non-medical cosmetic procedures. We offer a safe environment for those who wish to obtain the best from their microdermabrasion. HydraFacial MD as an alternative to medical microdermabrasion can:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Refine pores
- Give your skin a younger and healthier appearance
The Microdermabrasion treatment is:
- A painless procedure
- Leaves no scarring
- With no recovery time
- Resulting in cleaner, younger looking skin
What is the Difference in Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion?
Many confuse microdermabrasion with the more invasive dermabrasion procedure typically performed by a dermatologist. While both techniques benefit the skin, dermabrasion is done through either sanding the skin or with a laser. It can lead to a moderate recovery time, and introduce a certain level of discomfort and pain. Microdermabrasion requires no such recovery time with similar benefits being achieved through multiple treatments.
Candidates for Microdermabrasion
The procedure is recommended for anyone looking for a minimally invasive procedure to reduce the appearance of:
- Fine Lines
- Sun Damage
- Dark Spots
- Acne Scarring
The Full Microdermabrasion Treatment Consists of:
- Deep Cleansing: Removes harmful oils and bacteria from the skin in a way daily cleansing cannot.
- Exfoliation through Microdermabrasion: Microcrystals are used to remove the dead outermost surface of the skin, exposing the fresh skin underneath.
- SkinMedica Calming Masque: Calms and soothes the skin while adding purifying and protective antioxidants.
- Extractions: Removal of blackheads, whiteheads, and other impurities in the skin in a way that does not leave scarring.
- Sunscreen: Moisturizes the skin and protects from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Neck & Shoulder Massage: To increase relaxation.
Research has shown that receiving three treatments, spaced two weeks apart boosts collagen production in the skin. Results are enhanced when coupled with medical line skin care products from SkinMedica or SkinCeuticals.