IMPROVE THE LOOK AND FEEL OF YOUR SKIN
To make your face feel smoother and help it return to its natural beauty and healthy glow, there is a chemical peel that is right for you. They are also the perfect solution for patients with acne because they provide a clean face that allows acne to heal.
What To Expect From a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a treatment where a medical grade solution is used to help remove dead skin and improve smoothness and skin texture. Having a chemical peel also helps decrease clogged pores, reduce acne scarring, generate new collagen and smooth fine lines. Receiving a chemical peel can help reduce wrinkles and help rejuvenate cells not only on your face, but other areas of your body.
- Photo-Damaged Skin
- Fine Lines
- Pigment Irregularities
- Acne Scarring
Types of Chemical Peels
- Micropeel: A mild peel that includes dermaplaning for softer, fresh skin.
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel: Suitable for skin types with mild to moderate skin imperfections. Produces noticeable results with minimal downtime.
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel: Deeper than the Vitalize Peel, it is for patients with more severe skin imperfections. Produces compelling results with moderate irritation after the treatment.
- Advanced Acne Peel: Gives the skin a clean fresh surface to allow acne to heal.
The Chemical Peel Treatment
Having an acid chemical peel may sound scary because of the name itself. However, these chemical peels are only mildly sensitizing while the peel is being applied. There are very few side effects and they will fade quickly.
- Depending on peel type, you may experience slight stinging, mild redness tightness or dryness in the area immediately after the peel and for 24 hours.
- Side effects may vary from one peel to another, but are mild and temporary. You can return to work the same day but avoid strenuous exercise that day.
What Does a Chemical Peel Actually Do?
Chemical peels treat areas of dryness, reduce uneven pigmentation, help control acne, reduce rough skin, improve sun-damaged skin, remove unsightly blemishes, and help remove facial freckles.
As with any type of skin boosting procedure, you may need to repeat the procedure several times over the course of a few months to reach the desired affect. With each chemical peel you will continue to improve the condition of your skin by ‘turning over’ new glowing skin to the surface and sloughing off old and damaged skin. Using medical grade SkinMedica or Skinceutical skin care products between peels can enhance your result even further.
How Many Peels Can You Have?
There is no limit to the number of peels a person can receive as long as improvement continues. Vitalize Peels can be repeated every 3-4 weeks and Rejuvenize Peels every 4-6 weeks. The effect is cumulative with time and can be enhanced with SkinMedica daily regimen products.
Candidates for a Chemical Peel
Most people are candidates for a chemical peel if you want fresh, healthy, glowing skin. However, if you are a patient with conditions like rosacea, lupus or other autoimmune disorders, you should not have chemical peels.
Schedule a consultation with Susan Meers Wells, RN, MS, CANS – our Skin Care Specialist – who will customize a skin care program to meet your individual needs and determine which chemical peel is right for you.