DEFY GRAVITY – REPLACE LOST FACIAL VOLUME WITH JUVÉDERM
Juvederm is an injectable gel filler for injection into the skin to help correct age-related volume loss, restoring fullness. It is composed of hyaluronic acid which is a substance found naturally in the body. Juvederm is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur. It temporarily adds volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
Juvederm gives you the power to defy gravity. It does a remarkable job filling areas on the face that have lost volume and are creasing into wrinkles and furrows. It creates a younger appearance by restoring lost facial volume.
Susan Meers Wells, RN, MS, CANS will ease Juvéderm under the skin through a syringe directly into the areas requiring improvement. The treatment area will first be numbed with cream and ice. The series of small injections will be done withe a very fine needle to make your treatment more comfortable. You will see results immediately and will see good correction seen after two weeks.
What Areas Does Juvéderm Treat?
Juvéderm is typically used to fill in:
- Parenthesis Lines: The smile line creases from the sides of your nose down to the edges of your mouth
- Nasolabal Folds: The long lines along the side of your nose
- Marionette Lines: The long lines below your mouth on both sides of your chin
- Vertical Lip Lines: The lines above and below the lips
- Lips: It is a natural plumping agent to give lips fuller volume
- Chest Furrows: The vertical lines on the chest that form from heavy breasts or sleeping on your side
JUVÉDERM Ultra Vs. JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus
Juvéderm comes in two different formulations so your treatment can better be customized for your needs.
- Juvéderm Ultra: Used for finer lines and wrinkles like nasolabal folds, which are the long lines along the side of your nose.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus: A thicker gel used for those deep lines and creases where more gel is required, and is for skin with signs of aging.
- The next level formulation is Juvéderm Voluma. For more information see Voluma.
Side effects with Juvéderm are negligible and very mild. You may experience some redness, soreness or bruising at the site of injection. Sometime you may feel very mild bumpiness which will smooth out after a couple hours. You can return to work the same day as your treatment.