Having a breast reduction can save your back by eliminating back pain due to the excess weight of large breasts. It can also make you more confident after experiencing breast size that is too large.
Even your clothes will fit better, and you will get into a smaller size. Breast reduction surgery is covered by many insurance carriers. However we no longer accept insurance for any surgical procedure.
Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Breast Reductions to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.
"Wells Plastic Surgery and Skin Care is a step above. Very professional,knowledgeable,understanding and above all a very thoughtful and caring office." - T.T.
Why Undergo a Breast Reduction Procedure?
- Pain Reduction: Most patients electing to have breast reduction surgery complain of upper back, neck and shoulder pain related to large heavy breasts.
- Body Consciousness: Many women are uncomfortable with a too large breast size which can result in difficulty wearing clothing or appearing heavier than they actually are which leads to self-consciousness.
It is common for patients to report immediate relief of their back and neck symptoms. Many of our patients undergo a breast reduction as part of a Mommy Makeover following pregnancy and nursing, and are completely thrilled with the results. The first step is a consultation with Dr. Wells.
What are the benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery?
- Elimination of Pain: Large breasts can cause muscle pain simply from carrying additional weight, so removing excess tissue with breast reduction surgery will lighten the load. Many patients report an immediate cessation of pain following surgery.
- Preventing Back and Neck Injury: Back, shoulder and neck pain can also lead to more severe problems down the line, including injury. This is why most insurance plans cover the procedure.
- Correcting Poor Posture: Many women with larger breasts find it difficult to stand up straight all the time. The weight forces their shoulders to droop, and lends to a poor overall appearance. Posture is one of the most critical elements in presenting a confident, beautiful appearance, and breast reduction surgery can lend a hand in achieving that difference.
"My experience with Wells plastic Surgery & Skin Care has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Dr.Henry Wells and Staff are the best Choice" - K.S.
About Your Breast Reduction Procedure:
- Surgery: Breast reduction is an outpatient procedure, and Dr. Wells performs surgeries in a hospital setting. Dr. Wells prefers a hospital setting for the safety and comfort of the patient. The surgery takes about 3 hours under general anesthetic.
- The Procedure: It is commonly performed by making an incision near the areola, which then extends downward and across the crease beneath the breast. Dr. Wells then removes excess tissue, fat, and skin, along with moving the areola and nipple into their new position. The skin is then stretched around the areola, forming the new contours of the patient’s breasts.
- Retaining Sensation: Ideally, but not always, the nipple will remain attached to all nerves and blood vessels, usually resulting in the preservation of sensation.
- The Results: With the breast lifted and the areola made smaller the end result is not only smaller breast size but also a significant improvement in the appearance of the breasts.
About Your Follow-Up Procedure:
- Follow up: Most of our patients are seen for a follow-up the next day, with another follow-up the following week. Additional follow-ups are scheduled at 1 week, 3 weeks, 3 months and 6 months.
- Resuming Activity: As with other breast surgeries, most patients can return to work in about a week. They can begin participating in sports and intense exercise in about four weeks.