Medial Thigh Lift
This surgery is designed to remove fat and excess skin from the insides of your thighs. This surgery is many times included as part of the long-term plan of a lower body lift patient who may need multiple surgeries to reach their goal. Keep in mind that typically procedures on the legs are not combined with procedures onto the abdomen for safety and circulatory reasons to aid healing. This would be performed as a separate surgery.
Types of Medial Thigh Lift
- Transverse Lift: Removes excess skin and fat from upper thigh. This is less extensive following moderate weight loss or those with extra skin and fat on the upper inside of the thighs.
- Full Vertical Thigh Lift: Excess skin and fat is removed from the entire length of the thigh. This is a more extensive procedure usually performed on weight loss patients.
Both procedures involve liposuction, and sometimes liposuction alone can suffice.
The Medial Thigh Lift Procedure
- The Consultation: You will have an initial consultation with Dr. Wells – a board certified plastic surgeon, who will determine the extent of thigh lift you need. He typically spends a full hour on every consult to answer all your questions.
- The Surgery: This can be performed as an outpatient procedure, but if your case is more involved it requires an overnight hospital stay.
- Post Operative Care: You will see Dr. Wells the following day before release, with two or three follow-ups during your recovery and beyond.
- Resuming Activities: You can return to work in two or three weeks. More strenuous physical activity may resume after four weeks.
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed
"I had my brows done back in December, Bailey Rae Hancock is awesome. I have had tons of compliments, wish I had done it sooner!"—Susan
"I'll start by saying I'm a 39 year old male and slowly over time I have lost a lot of volume in my face. I'm very happy with the results and Rachel is top notch. Very kind and personable and has treated me with honesty and care. Also very recently I have had flare ups of cystic acne and have been seeing Lisa Combs for that. The first time I saw her I had a chemical peel and a couple weeks ago I had an IPL Acne treatment. My face has not been this clear in a long time. "—Nathan B.