Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Blepharoplasty to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.click here
Drooping or hooded eyelids or puffy bags under the eyes can make a person look tired and significantly older. This can be treated surgically with a Blepharoplasty, also referred to as Eyelid Lift or an Eyelift. A bleph can be performed as either an upper Blepharoplasty on just the eyelids. A lower blepharoplasty will addresses the bags under the eyes, or Dr. Wells will recommend a combination of both if you need.
The Wells EyeDeal Makes it Easy to “Say Yes to a Bleph”
If you are considering an upper blepharoplasty, the Wells EyeDeal is performed in our in-office surgical suite. This offer features a great price with $300 of complimentary Dysport to treat crows feet to make you look even better.* This simple procedure can take years off your appearance making you look younger and fresher*.
Types of Blepharoplasty
While some patients require both upper and lower blepharoplasty surgery, others may need just one procedure.
- Upper Bleph – Reduces drooping eyelids by removing excess skin and possibly some fat from the upper eyelids to rejuvenate the upper eyelids. This will make your eyes appear more open and you will appear more rested and alert.
- Lower Bleph – Blepharoplasty can also reshape the lower lid to reduce puffiness. The bags of excess fat under the eyes are what can make you look older and more tired*.
The Blepharoplasty Procedure
- The Surgery: The procedure is done in a hospital surgery center on an outpatient basis and typically lasts between one and three hours. There is usually no need for an overnight stay.
- Recovery: The stitches from the procedure are removed after about three days at your follow up appointment.*
- Resuming Activities: It generally will take a week before makeup can be applied and you can return to work. If you have only an Upper Blepharoplasty you can put on makeup after three days and return to work.*
Who Isn’t a Candidate for Blepharoplasty? Complications?
When performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, blepharoplasty complications are uncommon or very minor. Always check with your ophthalmologist or family doctor before undergoing this procedure.
There are some medical conditions that may preclude someone from being a candidate for blepharoplasty including:
- Dry eyes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
The Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Removal of excess skin from upper eyelids: With extremely hooded upper eyelids, you may be able to see better when obstructing overhanging skin is removed.
- Reduced puffiness in lower eyelids: You will look more rested when bags under your eyes are gone.
- Younger, fresher appearance: A bleph physically removes signs of aging, so you can face the world looking like your old (or young!) self.
- Improved confidence: When you look better, you will feel better and the people around you will see it.
Blepharoplasty Eyelid Tuck Before & After Photos
Click here to view patients before and after results.*
Schedule a Blepharoplasty Consultation With Wells Plastic Surgery
Dr. Wells is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the staff at Wells Plastic Surgery center serving the Lexington and Louisville areas, can help open the eyes to a new look, while not only enhancing a person’s appearance, but by providing them with a new mental outlook as well.
Everyone’s result will be different. It is important to meet with the surgeon and staff before having this procedure in order to understand what to expect and what outcome can be anticipated. Your surgical team can help you from preparing for the surgery to recovery and followup. Going into this type of operation knowing what to expect will help ease any anxiety during your recovery period.
*individual results and experience may vary
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed
"I had my brows done back in December, Bailey Rae Hancock is awesome. I have had tons of compliments, wish I had done it sooner!"—Susan
"I'll start by saying I'm a 39 year old male and slowly over time I have lost a lot of volume in my face. I'm very happy with the results and Rachel is top notch. Very kind and personable and has treated me with honesty and care. Also very recently I have had flare ups of cystic acne and have been seeing Lisa Combs for that. The first time I saw her I had a chemical peel and a couple weeks ago I had an IPL Acne treatment. My face has not been this clear in a long time. "—Nathan B.