Drooping or hooded eyelids can make a person look tired or even unhappy. Puffy bags under the eyes can make you look significantly older. This can be treated surgically with a Blepharoplasty, also referred to as Eyelid Lift or an Eyelift. A blepharoplasty can be performed as an upper Blepharoplasty on just the eyelids. A lower blepharoplasty will address the bags under the eyes, or Dr. Wells will recommend a combination of both if you need.
Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Blepharoplasty to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.
Types of Blepharoplasty
While some patients require both upper and lower blepharoplasty surgery, others may need just one procedure.
- Upper Bleph – Reduces drooping eyelids by removing excess skin and possibly some fat from the upper eyelids to rejuvenate the upper eyelids. This will make your eyes appear more open and you will appear more rested and alert.
- Lower Bleph – Blepharoplasty can also reshape the lower lid to reduce puffiness. The bags of excess fat under the eyes are what can make you look older and more tired*.
The Blepharoplasty Procedure
- The Surgery: The procedure is done in a hospital surgery center on an outpatient basis and typically lasts between one and three hours. There is usually no need for an overnight stay.
- Recovery: The stitches from the procedure are removed after about three days at your follow-up appointment.*
- Resuming Activities: It generally will take a week before makeup can be applied and you can return to work. If you have only an Upper Blepharoplasty you can put on makeup after three days and return to work.*
Who Isn’t a Candidate for Blepharoplasty? Complications?
When performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, blepharoplasty complications are uncommon or very minor. Always check with your ophthalmologist or family doctor before undergoing this procedure.
There are some medical conditions that may preclude someone from being a candidate for blepharoplasty including:
- Dry eyes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Neurotoxins used within three months of your procedure
The Benefits of Blepharoplasty
Removal of excess skin from upper eyelids: With extremely hooded upper eyelids, you may be able to see better when obstructing overhanging skin is removed.
Reduced puffiness in lower eyelids: You will look more rested when bags under your eyes are gone.
Younger, fresher appearance: A blepharoplasty physically removes signs of aging, so you can face the world looking like your old (or young!) self.
Improved confidence: When you look better, you will feel better and the people around you will see it.
Blepharoplasty Eyelid Tuck Before & After Photos
Schedule a Blepharoplasty Consultation With Wells Plastic Surgery
Dr. Wells is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the staff at Wells Plastic Surgery center serving the Lexington and Louisville areas, can help open the eyes to a new look, while not only enhancing a person’s appearance but by providing them with a new mental outlook as well.
Everyone’s result will be different. It is important to meet with the surgeon and staff before having this procedure in order to understand what to expect and what outcome can be anticipated. Your surgical team can help you from preparing for the surgery to recovery and follow-up. Going into this type of operation knowing what to expect will help ease any anxiety during your recovery period.
*individual results and experience may vary