Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Abdominoplasty to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.click here
You can get rid of a stomach that has been stretched from pregnancy or weight loss with an abdominoplasty or “tummy tuck”. This procedure has become increasingly popular with women who no longer plan to have children and want to correct problems created by childbirth. The procedure is not for someone extremely overweight, but rather those that wish to get rid of excess skin and bulges after pregnancy or weight loss.
Types of Abdominoplasty
Depending on the amount of correction that needs to be done, abdominoplasty can take a couple of forms:
- Standard or Complete Abdominoplasty: Addresses correction of the entire abdominal area to tighten the abdominal muscles, fix contour irregularities and create a narrower waistline. Liposuction can be used to provide optimum results.
- Mini Abdominoplasty: Addresses small contour problems in the lower abdomen, such as C-section scar revision, and removes skin in the lower portion of the tummy but leaves the belly button in place. The operation doesn’t go above the belly button.
The Standard Abdominoplasty Procedure
- The Consultation: You will have an initial consultation with Dr. Henry Wells – a board certified plastic surgeon and the two of you will together determine the goals for your surgery and what you need to have done to reach your desired results. He typically spends a full hour on every consult to answer all of your questions.
- The Surgery: The procedure can take up to 3 hours to perform. In most cases a long incision is made from hipbone to hipbone, directly above the pubic area, and a second incision is made to free the naval from surrounding tissue. The skin is lifted from the abdominal muscles and the muscles are tightened. This works to firm up the stomach muscles and create a narrower waistline. If appropriate, we do liposuction at this point to complete the correction. The skin is then pulled taut, with the excess removed.
- Overnight Stay: Dr. Wells recommends an overnight hospital stay following an abdominoplasty.
- Post Operative Care: You will see Dr. Wells the following day before release, with two or three follow-ups during your recovery and beyond.
- Resuming Activities: You can return to work in two or three weeks. Vigorous physical activity may resume after four to six weeks. By following a good diet and exercising regularly your results can be remarkable and long lasting.
Benefits of Abdominoplasty Include:
- An Improved Abdominal Contour: A tummy tuck is generally performed for cosmetic reasons, and used to correct problems caused by having children or weight loss, which can leave the stomach area stretched with unflattering loose skin.*
- Smaller Waistline: By pulling the abdominal muscles and tightening them, you realize a smaller waistline.*
- Improved C Section Scarring: An abdominoplasty can minimize the appearance of a significant C-section scar.*
- Benefits Men and Women: Women most commonly choose this procedure, but men elect to undergo the procedure as well. A flat, firm stomach can be the result. Abdominoplasty will firm up the abdominal muscles, and can remove stretch marks caused by rapid weight gain or belly expansion.*
- A Firmer and Flatter Tummy: With the tightening and pulling together of the abdominal muscles, your stomach will feel firmer, flatter and ready for the beach.*
- The Results Are Yours for the Keeping: The great thing about tummy tuck surgery is that the length of time the patient can appreciate the results is almost entirely up to them. By following a balanced diet, watching weight gain, and incorporating a mixture of cardiovascular exercise and resistance training, you can retain the benefits of your abdominoplasty.*
Abdominoplasty Before & Afters
Click here to view more before and afters.*
*individual results and experience may vary
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed