Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Breast Lifts to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.click here
A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that aims to raise and firm the breasts, providing a restored youthful contour to their appearance. Over the years, experiences such as pregnancy, weight loss and breast-feeding can affect the overall shape and appearance of your breasts. The natural evolution of breasts over time is to droop due to loss of volume, skin elasticity and the effects of gravity.
Good Candidates for a Breast Lift
Most women with sagging breasts are good candidates for a breast lift. Generally speaking, you should be:
- A non-smoker
- In good health
- At a relatively normal and healthy weight
Why Undergo a Breast Lift
- Pendulous Breasts: These are breasts with a flat and longer shape, even if they are an acceptable size for the patient.
- Lack of Firmness: These are breasts that feel too ‘soft’ and lack substance.
- Downward Pointing Nipples: Some breasts nipples point downwards, and some are even below the breast crease when unsupported by a bra.
- Stretched Skin: This is especially common after weight loss and childbirth.
- Asymmetrical Positioning of the Breast: One breast may be higher or lower than the other.
- Tubular Breasts: Long narrow breasts with large or herniated areola can be repaired with a combined Breast Lift and Augmentation, plus making the areola smaller and more attractive.
The Breast Lift Procedure
- General Anesthesia: In most cases you will be asleep under general anesthesia and in an outpatient hospital setting, the safest option for the patient.
- Surgery: With a breast lift, Dr. Wells will make incisions to remove excess skin in order to reposition the nipples on the breast, done according to your pre-op consultation and mutually agreed upon between the patient and Dr. Wells. He will then reshape the breasts and reposition the tissue. During the surgery the nipple will be moved to the mutually agreed upon natural height. The nipples can be made smaller according to the patient’s preference.
- Closing: Once all skin removal, repositioning and reshaping has been completed, Dr. Wells closes the incision. A supportive dressing will be applied and the following day this will be replaced with a bra.
- Follow up: Breast lift patients will be seen for a follow-up the next day, with another follow-up in the office the following week. Additional follow-ups are scheduled at 3 weeks, 3 months and 6 months.
- Resuming Activity: Most patients will be able to return to work in about a week. They can begin exercising and participating in sports within about four weeks.
Dr. Wells Discusses Breast Lift Surgery in Lexington, KY
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed