Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Liposuctions to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.click here
Easily Correct Your Problem Areas With Liposuction
Liposuction is a procedure we perform to correct problem areas in patients that simply won’t go away with diet and exercise. The procedure, contrary to some beliefs, is not an operation for the obese patient and frequently not the best option for the “post baby tummy”. Typically the best procedure for the post baby tummy is the Abdominoplasty or “Tummy Tuck” combined with liposuction.
Liposuction Is Not the Easy Way Out
A common misconception is that liposuction is “an easy way out” or a lazy person’s route to weight loss. Nothing could be further from the truth. The procedure is not designed or acceptable for those patients who are obese and it is not a magical route to weight loss. Many times people dedicated time and effort to achieving the body they desire, only to find that genetics aren’t playing fair and that they need additional help. Patients should educate themselves so they have realistic expectations for the results of Liposuction.
Liposuction is Ideal for:
- Saddlebags: Upper outer thighs
- Flanks: Also known a muffin tops
- Upper Inner Thigh: Medial thigh area
- Arms: Under upper arm area
- Back: Problem spots not remedied by exercise
- Knees: When excess fat ‘falls’ over the knee area
- Submental Neck: Removing the fat in the ‘wattle’ for a dramatic effect
Candidates for Liposuction:
- Normal Weight Category: No extreme weight fluctuations or where weight loss goals have been achieved.
- Firm Elastic Skin: Age is not a primary factor, although it is important to understand that older patients may not have the elasticity in their skin to achieve an ideal result.
- Remaining Persistent Areas of Fat: Areas unable to remove through a regimen of proper diet and exercise.
- In Good Physical Health: Always important before undergoing surgery.
The Standard Liposuction Procedure
- The Consultation: An initial consultation with Dr. Wells is always a first step to manage expectations and answer questions.
- The Procedure: It is performed as an outpatient procedure unless it is part of another more extensive procedure.
- Post Operative Care: To achieve the best result, patients will need to wear a girdle or compression garment for several weeks following the surgery.
- Resuming Activities: Requires seven to 10 days of recovery before returning to work. You should wait three to four weeks before returning to vigorous work or exercise.
Benefits of Liposuction Include:
- Spot Reduction: There are areas on the body that will store fat no matter how much weight you lose, so spot reduction is not always possible through diet and site-specific exercise alone. Resistance training can only strengthen the muscle underneath the fat – on some people the fat simply cannot be removed this way. Liposuction can provide reduction in specific, site-targeted areas that can’t be eliminated any other way.
- Reshaping of the Patient’s Body: Due to genetics, some are destined to carry excess fat in unique areas. This is usually on the undersides of the arms, the sides of the thighs (saddlebags), in the neck (wattle), or on the sides of the waist (muffin top). Though an individual may do all they can to lose weight, these areas may remain hostile to change. Liposuction can reduce this fat, leading to a dramatic change in the patient’s overall appearance.
- Increased Self Esteem and Confidence: With places on the body an individual is ashamed of, there is a tendency to hide these areas from view. Liposuction can take those areas and make them into areas they can be proud to show. This can lead to more confidence and a willingness to wear better fitting clothing and even provide incentive to exercise and diet.
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"Susan and Rachael do all my skin care and this is the best my face has every looked. I wish I had come here years ago. They are honest, not pushy, give you options and are very concerned about making you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed