Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of Rhinoplasty to see real patient results at Wells Plastic Surgery.click here
Improve Your Profile with a Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty, or a “nose job” as it is commonly known, is most often used to remove a hump or a bump on the bridge of the nose and/or to reshape the tip of the patient’s nose. In many cases, the nose will also be made smaller.
This is one of the most common procedures performed in the plastic surgery world and is one of the few procedures we can recommend for teenagers as well as adults. If a young person’s nose is causing them emotional trauma because they are embarrassed by their appearance, a rhinoplasty can literally change their lives, giving them the confidence to meet people and make decisions that can shape their path.
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
- The Surgery: Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure and takes between two to three hours.
- Incisions: The incisions for a rhinoplasty are typically made inside the rim of the patient’s nostrils so scarring will be minimal.
- Reshaping: The soft tissues of the nose are then separated, which is when the cartilage and bone can be reshaped depending on what the patient’s problem is, and as the best course of action determined by the patient and Dr. Wells.
- Size Reduction: If the patient wants to reduce the size of their nose, small fractures are made in the nasal bones near the end of the surgery.
- Recovery: Internal dressings are removed in two days, the sutures are removed in five days, and a splint is removed in ten days.
- Resuming Activities: If the patient does not mind the splint, he or she can return to work or school in one week.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- Contouring the Nose: This surgery can bring the nose into proportion with the rest of the patient’s face. Beauty experts say that the nose is responsible for eighty percent of a person’s facial appearance, so its importance cannot be overstated. Rhinoplasty can dramatically alter your appearance and make you realize your facial beauty.
- Correct a Deviated or Crooked Nose: A rhinoplasty can straighten a deviated nose or one that is crooked, can make long noses shorter and wide noses thinner. These also provide a dramatic change in the patient’s face, and correct embarrassing problems.
- Improved breathing: Within the procedure, it is possible to remove irregularities in the nasal passage that may obstruct breathing. It is also possible to widen nostrils, creating better pathways for air to flow.
With Rhinoplasty, A Little Goes a Long Way
Keep in mind that minute changes to the structure of an individual’s nose can make a drastic difference in how it appears. An added benefit is that this can also make a surprising difference in the patient’s overall facial appearance. Make sure that you ask plenty of questions when you come in for your consultation with Dr. Wells, and read as much as you can about the procedure beforehand.
Visit Our Rhinoplasty Before & After Photo Gallery
Please click here to see our results.*
*individual results and experience may vary
"Before Voluma everyone was always asking me if I was sick or sad – and that’s enough to make you sad. After Voluma I get “Hello” and “How are you”, no more sick and sad, just a lot of smiles. I never smiled before Voluma, now I can’t stop smiling."—Cynthia
"Susan does all my skin care and this is the best my face has ever looked. I wish I had come to her years ago. She is honest, not pushy, gives you options and is very concerned. She wants to make you feel good."—Mary
"My experience with Dr. Wells and his team was amazing. I was always treated like family, yet professional at the same time. I appreciate Dr. Wells and his surgical team boosting my self-confidence, especially the moment I walked through the surgery center door. Thank you Dr. Wells for helping me love my body again."—Brittany
"Dr. Wells and his staff surpassed any expectations I had. They were with me with each step of the process. The kindness and compassion shown went above and beyond. They are truly the best and the results are fantastic. I am so thankful for my experience."—Leslie
"Wonderful Doctor & staff…great experience and amazing results. Thank you for everything."—Amanda
"I love the results of my surgery. I would tell any mother that is thinking of having Mommy Makeover surgery to do this for herself. I also LOVE Dr. Wells and his staff – they were all great."—Lisa
"I had great big bags under my eyes that had become permanent after a sad period in my life. Rejuvapen literally swept the bags away and made my under eyes smooth again. I couldn't believe it!"—Christi
"For my chronic acne Susan began treatments on my face including chemical peels that put my skin in the freshest, best shape possible to allow my skin to heal. After a month and a half my skin was completely clear."—Rachel
"Building on Dr. Wells' reconstruction work, Susan Wells accentuated my chin by using Juvederm to give it additional contours and a very natural look. I am beyond thrilled and honestly amazed at how good I look now."—Stacey
"I was always embarrassed to go to the pool or the beach because of all the hair on my back. I was constantly shaving where I could before I went out. Having Laser Hair Reduction on my back has been life changing. I literally feel like a new man."—Reed